Monday, February 25, 2013

Remembrances of the Dead - Graveyard Art & Symbolism

Remembrances of
Remembrances of the Dead - Graveyard Art & Symbolism
Gary R. Varner (Author)

Download: $5.50 (as of 02/25/2013 17:30 PST)

Decoration & Ornament

Description #1 by Etsy - writespeaksee:

Title: But Fire Thought She'd Really Rather Be Water Instead Series: Dia de los Muertos - Cooling - Tori Amos My love of cemeteries involves many things, one of them being, how other cultures around the world celebrate and remember their dead. Dia de los Muertos has always been a very fascinating holiday, and one I wish were more embraced in my own country. The idea of cleaning and decorating the resting places, making foods and gathering with the family and friends, all to remember and celebrate the dead, is just delightful. Part of the celebration I find really beautiful is the making of the calaveras de azucur, or sugar skulls. The various designs, symbols, all of the colors, the use of the cempasuchil, or Mexican marigolds, it all is just so colorful and thoughtful. The celebration of Dia de los Muertos prompted me to create my own idea of remembrance by incorporating the concept of the calaveras de azucur through paint and photography. This series means so much to me and the use of the symbols on the body are ones which I hold dear. I painted my models and chose their attire and locations very carefully. I hope you enjoy this series. Photograph Information: You will receive an 8x12 glossy photograph professionally printed. It will be in a higher resolution than the listed photo and will not have the watermark. All photographs online are uploaded at a low resolution and size and watermarked to prevent unlawful downloading. Additional Sizes Available: Are you interested in a larger print to complete your wall space? Or do you need a smaller size to add that personal touch to your smaller space? Please contact me to request the size print you need, I will be happy to help.

Description #2 by Etsy - writespeaksee:

Title: Thoughtful Series: Dia de los Muertos My love of cemeteries involves many things, one of them being, how other cultures around the world celebrate and remember their dead. Dia de los Muertos has always been a very fascinating holiday, and one I wish were more embraced in my own country. The idea of cleaning and decorating the resting places, making foods and gathering with the family and friends, all to remember and celebrate the dead, is just delightful. Part of the celebration I find really beautiful is the making of the calaveras de azucur, or sugar skulls. The various designs, symbols, all of the colors, the use of the cempasuchil, or Mexican marigolds, it all is just so colorful and thoughtful. The celebration of Dia de los Muertos prompted me to create my own idea of remembrance by incorporating the concept of the calaveras de azucur through paint and photography. This series means so much to me and the use of the symbols on the body are ones which I hold dear. I painted my models and chose their attire and locations very carefully. I hope you enjoy this series. Photograph Information: You will receive an 8x12 glossy photograph professionally printed. It will be in a higher resolution than the listed photo and will not have the watermark. All photographs online are uploaded at a low resolution and size and watermarked to prevent unlawful downloading. Additional Sizes Available: Are you interested in a larger print to complete your wall space? Or do you need a smaller size to add that personal touch to your smaller space? Please contact me to request the size print you need, I will be happy to help.

Description #3 by Etsy - writespeaksee:

Title: I Thought I'd Make Some Plans Series: Dia de Los Muertos -"Cooling" - Tori Amos My love of cemeteries involves many things, one of them being, how other cultures around the world celebrate and remember their dead. Dia de los Muertos has always been a very fascinating holiday, and one I wish were more embraced in my own country. The idea of cleaning and decorating the resting places, making foods and gathering with the family and friends, all to remember and celebrate the dead, is just delightful. Part of the celebration I find really beautiful is the making of the calaveras de azucur, or sugar skulls. The various designs, symbols, all of the colors, the use of the cempasuchil, or Mexican marigolds, it all is just so colorful and thoughtful. The celebration of Dia de los Muertos prompted me to create my own idea of remembrance by incorporating the concept of the calaveras de azucur through paint and photography. This series means so much to me and the use of the symbols on the body are ones which I hold dear. I painted my models and chose their attire and locations very carefully. I hope you enjoy this series. You will receive an 8x12 glossy photograph professionally printed. It will be in a higher resolution than the listed photo and will not have the watermark. All photographs online are uploaded at a low resolution and size and watermarked to prevent unlawful downloading. Are you interested in a larger print to complete your wall space? Or do you need a smaller size to add that personal touch to your smaller space? Please contact me to request the size print you need, I will be happy to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment